FUN FOR THE YOUNG, YOUNG-AT-HEART AND GOOD-HEARTED
1. MEET GRU AND HIS MINION
Come and rub shoulders with Gru and one of his Minions from the new blockbuster Despicable Me 3 at Canal Walk on the 8 July. You may even get to have your photo taken with them. (Calm down mom!)
5 THINGS YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT THE MINIONS
- It’s easy to be a Minion’s hairstylist. The Minions only have 5 natural hairstyles, including being bald.
- There are many, many minions. Over 10,400 have been seen at once in adverts and onscreen.
- Minions are international. They speak a mixture of Spanish, English, French, Italian, Russian and Korean.
- The Minions weren’t always so cute. The directors thought making the Minions smaller would make Gru more likeable. They were right.
- The Minions were honoured with their own colour – Pantone Minion Yellow. No other henchman ever had that.
Take them home! Shop these and more Despicable Me must-have items from these Canal Walk stores:
- Backpack R160, Woolworths
- Beanie & gloves set R160, Woolworths
- Toy R199.10, TOYSRUS
- Slippers R99,95, Ackermans
2. SEE PETER PAN AT THE CANAL WALK THEATRE
Peter Pan, Tinkerbell, and the Darling children will transport you to magical Neverland. Come and be entranced by the mysterious mermaids from Mermaid Lagoon; the beautiful Indian Princess Tiger Lily and her brave, Panther; the fun loving Lost Boys and the oh so evil Captain Hook. Not forgetting his band of pirates aboard the Jolly Roger, who will lower anchor for some adventure at the Canal Walk Theatre.
This spectacular showcase is written and produced by the award-winning duo, Fred Abrahamse and Marcel Meyer, who have presented their work on stages across Europe, America and in South Africa. Prepare to be amazed by all its wonders this winter holiday.
For more info and bookings visit Computicket.
Did you know the funds from our theatre event at Canal Walk go towards Mandela Day where we build a mosaic out of tinned food that we donate to community outreach projects?
Last year we donated 17000 cans of food! That certainly deserves a round of applause! Now come help us beat that, this year! See number 3, below.
3. GET INVOLVED THIS MANDELA DAY
Come Help Build the Mandela Day Mosaic at Canal Walk on the 18th July
Canal Walk Shopping Centre is partnering with LEAP Science and Maths Schools to build a mosaic in the shape of the Mandela Day logo using 17 000 food cans – that’s 6 700kg of food! All monetary proceeds and the food donated will be given to LEAP schools’ community social development partners.
Head down to the Canal Walk Promotions Court on Monday, 18 July between 9am to 5pm and donate one or more cans of food so that you can join the team taking part in this incredible occasion. Volunteers may participate as individuals, in groups or as part of corporate teams. There are limited spaces available so register soon to book your 67-minute slot.
Call +27 (0)21 529 9699/8 or click here for more info.