MAMA MIA! BECAUSE IT’S MOM’S DAY TO CHILL
Spoil mom this Mother’s Day with the best ever (healthy) breakfast in bed, lovingly made for her by you and Le Creuset.
For added bonus points, wrap up these Le Creuset products that you made her delicious treats with, for her to enjoy long after Mother’s Day AND most important, tidy up the kitchen too! Did we mention, all Le Creuset products are dishwasher safe? (It’s a pleasure mom!)
Asparagus and Soft Boiled Egg with Hollandaise:
A bed of bright green asparagus spears, luxuriously creamy hollandaise sauce, and boiled egg with runny yolk turns this dish into a truly delightful breakfast
Preparation time 5 min… Bonus! Quick enough not to make a mess!
Cook time 45 min
- 100ml white wine vinegar
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 5 egg yolks
- 5g sea salt flakes
- 2g freshly ground pepper
- 300g clarified butter, melted
- Juice of one lemon
- 560g asparagus spears
- 10g fine salt
- 8 eggs
- Place the vinegar in a small Le Creuset Signature Saucepan with the thyme sprigs, and leave to reduce by half, allowing the thyme to infuse the vinegar.
- Put a pot of salted water on to boil, making sure the pot is big enough to blanch the asparagus in and to fit a glass bowl on top.
- Place the egg yolks in a glass bowl and place it on top of the pot, making sure that the bowl does not touch the water. Beat the eggs with an electric beater until light and fluffy – the eggs should double in volume. Be careful not to make scrambled eggs!
- Strain the thyme out of the vinegar and slowly pour into the eggs, continuously whisking.
- Add the seasoning and remove the bowl from the heat.
- Slowly pour in the clarified butter to form a rich emulsion while continually whisking. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Trim the asparagus and blanch in the boiling water.
- Refresh in ice water for five minutes and remove.
- Place the eggs in a large pot and cover with cold water.
- Place the pot on high heat and for the first 3 minutes stir the eggs with a wooden spoon in order to centre the egg. When the water just starts to boil, remove from the heat and refresh in ice water.
Lay the asparagus in a Le Creuset Heritage Dish. Pour the hollandaise into a Le Creuset Ramekin and place the egg in a Le Creuset Footed Egg Cup.
Cut the top of the egg off and serve.
Recipe via Le Creuset
This is what you’ll need to make the perfect breakfast with the recipe above
For more amazing recipes to spoil mom with AND for exclusive Mother’s Day special offers visit https://www.lecreuset.co.za/mothers-day.
Pictures via Pinterest & Le Creuset