FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHY DO WE ASK FOR YOUR NAME AND ID?
- As use of the MasterCard Gift Card is considered a financial transaction and the Gift Card is issued by a bank, this is a requirement in terms of the Financial Intelligence Centre Act of 2001 (FICA).
- FICA was enacted to combat money laundering.
- Whilst this is inconvenient to innocent people such as yourselves, this is a legal requirement and can be seen as assisting in the combating of crime.
- This allows Canal Walk and its management to fulfill its requirements in terms of the FICA legislation.
WHAT IS REQUIRED?
- In the case on an individual we require your full names and a valid South African ID number or passport number.
- In the case of a company we require the company name and company registration number.
WHAT WILL WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL DETAILS?
- These WILL NOT be disclosed to any third party unless required in terms of FICA legislation.
WHAT IF I AM NOT WILLING TO PROVIDE THESE DETAILS?
- Your details are required for us to comply with FICA and unfortunately should you not be able to provide these we are not able to sell you a gift card.
WHAT ARE THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS?
HOW DO I CHECK A GIFT CARD BALANCE?
To check your Gift Card balance, you can choose from the below options:
1. Log onto www.whatsonmycard.com
2. Call the Tutuka support line on 0861 10 12 10 and select Account Balance (option 1)*
3. SMS your Gift Card number (no spaces) to 34246*
* Standard cellphone rates apply
WHAT DO I DO IF I HAVE LOST A GIFT CARD?
The process for investigating and cancelling a lost Gift Card can only be done during normal working hours (8:30am – 5pm, Mon – Fri). Please email your Gift Card number and contact details to our Gift Card Assistant, Thauria Ford (firstname.lastname@example.org), to investigate and contact you accordingly.
WILL A GIFT CARD EVER EXPIRE?
Yes, Gift Cards expire 3 years after purchasing them.